Sheltered housing is a term covering a wide range of rented housing for Older and/or Disabled or other vulnerable people. Sheltered housing most commonly refers to grouped housing such as a block or a 'scheme' of self contained flats and studio apartments which are linked to an emergency system. Some schemes also have Scheme Managers on site, who will manage the day to day running of the scheme.
Sheltered housing accommodation is distinct from a nursing home or care home in that the tenants are usually able to look after themselves, relatively independently.
What Facilities are Available at Sheltered Housing Schemes?
Each scheme varies however most schemes will have;
- Emergency Alarm Call System
- Laundry Room
- Residents Lounge
- Communal Gardens
- Door Entry System with Security Cameras
- Car Parking
Some schemes also may have;
- Guest Bedrooms
- On-Site Scheme Manager during office hours
Want to Know More?
There are a number of Housing Associations operating within Neath Port Talbot with Sheltered Housing including;
- Coastal Housing Group View their leaflet here 'Solutions'
- Gwalia Neighbourhood
- Linc-Cymru Housing Association
- Family Housing Association
- NPT Homes
- Newydd Housing Association
- Aelwyd Housing Association
Click on the name of the Housing Association you wish to view or alternatively click on the Associations logo to the right of this page to link to their Website.