From September 2015 Landlords will be required to register themselves and their properties. Landlords or Managing Agents will need to be licensed and there will be fees payable for both Registration and Licensing.
The Council’s Housing Options Service operate a Social Lettings Agency which provides accommodation for those individuals with an immediate housing need.
The Agency can manage properties on behalf of Landlords and their service covers all aspect of management and provide support to maintain successful tenancies. There are no initial fees and the following are free of charge:
- The Agency will accredit your property to promote and maintain good standards throughout the properties we manage
- The Agency carry out the pre tenancy checks whether prospective tenants will qualify for Housing Benefit and how much their entitlement would be
- The Agency check any previous poor tenancy history
- The Agency carry out an assessment of suitability and affordability of the property
- The Agency provide an inventory with photographic evidence
- The Agency have a steady supply of households seeking accommodation in the private sector therefore we aim to conduct viewings speedily
- The Agency will carry out a full tenancy sign up and welcome pack for tenants
The Agency have experienced and knowledgeable staff providing a value for money management service.
Properties are marketed at local housing allowance rates so they are affordable and because the Agency have excellent working relationships with the Housing Benefit department, they can guarantee that any benefit due is paid directly to them.
Management fee is just 10% of rent collected for single lets and is negotiable for houses in multiple occupation, please contact the Agency for further information. Please take a look at the attached leaflet and if you’re interested in joining the Social Lettings Agency or want some further information then please ring on 01639 686498.