Neighbourhood Problems

Neighbourhood Problems

There are several types of problems that you may be experiencing in your neighbourhood.  Here you will find links to further information and assistance on dealing with a variety of problems in your area - from neighbourhood disputes, to antisocial behaviour, noise, crime and vandalism issues.

Safer Neath Port Talbot Partnership

Click on the following link to visit the Safer Neath Port Talbot Partnership Website:

The website will offer you help and advice on a number of issues including the following;

  • Anti Social Behaviour and reporting Anti Social Behaviour
  • Crime Prevention including Burglary, Car Crime, Hate Crime and Doorstep Crime
  • Fire Safety

The Safer Neath Port Talbot Partnership operates a multi-agency partnership approach to community safety and crime and disorder issues.

The partnership is committed to working together to achieve sustainable reductions in crime, fear of crime and anti social behaviour as well as providing practical crime prevention and community safety advice and reassurance.

Safer Neath Port Talbot is made up of the following partners (click on the partners to link to websites, if required);

If you're faced with noisy neighbours, or you've seen someone littering, drawing graffiti or committing other acts of anti-social behaviour you can also contact;

  For Police Non-Emergencies DIAL 101 (in Wales) or in the event of an Emergency DIAL 999.  

Police 101 is the number to call when you want to contact your local police - when its less urgent than 999.  It is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.  Find out how you can use it by visiting;

(Follow the link):

Noise Nuisance

Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council's Environmental Health Team provide a range of services to residents and businesses within the county borough with an aim to making the borough a clean, healthy and safer place to live and work.

If you're having problems with Noise Nuisance in your area from domestic noise such as barking dogs and loud stereos to industrial noise such as construction and demolition or noises from factory and industrial sites, please click here for further information and advice: Environmental Health Services

Alternatively, click to visit the following section of this Website: Pest and Noise Management

Please note that 'Children/Youths causing Annoyance' are dealt with through Anti-Social Behaviour and not Environmental Health Services.

Abandoned Vehicles

The council has power to serve notice on vehicles which appear to have been abandoned and, if they are not cleared away by the owner, to have them removed.

Click here for more information on how to report an abandoned vehicle to Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council's, or call (01639) 686868.

Victim Support

Victim Support is the national charity for people affected by crime.  It is an independent organisation which offers free and confidential support and information, whether or not a crime has been reported to the police.

Victim Support can offer;

  • Someone to talk to in confidence
  • Emotional and practical help
  • Information on the police, court procedures and the criminal justice system
  • Support and information while attending court
  • Help with criminal injuries compensation and insurance claims
  • Contact with and referral to other relevant organisations
  • Advice on crime prevention
  • Help with housing and benefit problems

To find out more about Victim Support, you can visit the Victim Support Website.  You can also telephone on 0845 612 1900 and the automated line will connect you to your nearest centre.

Safer Neath Port Talbot

Victim Support

Police 101 - Crime, Justice and the Law

Shelter Cymru Problems with Neighbours